21 December, 2006

Happy Solstice.

Happy Solstice.

21st December , Winter Solstice. The shortening days and longer nights are most intense here in Sweden, but from today onward our days start getting longer. Blessed be.


The pagan in me feels the need for ritual to mark this occasion. I’ve just had a solstice nourishing breakfast and now savouring the chocolate darkness of my coffee. Will light candles as the sun sets ( it is actually beginning to set now as I write this , 2.35 pm )


In neopaganism, the winter solstice sabbat is often called Yule. – which is also the Swedish word for Christmas. Lots of pagan rooted traditions here . Perhaps that is why I am here too. This is really a time for introspection, and planning for the future, I know I keep saying this. I tend to write and reflect more around the new moon and the full moon.


Yesterday , 20th , marked the new moon which isa time for new beginnings. The moon is waxing now and supporting our festivities and gatherings until the full moon , 3 rd January.


Magpie came to me today ; caught my attention as it landed on the branch of the pine tree outside the kitchen window and swung up and down for a while, proud of its accomplishment.


Magpie's Wisdom Includes:

Understanding of the balance of light and darkness

Seeing in darkness

Use of ritual in everyday life

Communication

Understanding messages from Spirit

Prophecy

Intelligence

Use of voice

Good luck
Magpies are related to ravens, I think. Thanks for the visit, magpie .
Happy Solstice, everyone , blessed be ! love love love in all dimensions.

No comments: