28 July, 2009

Certainty

The words of this poem really resonated with me this morning. For the past six weeks I have been living in uncertainty regrading an issue that still has not been resolved. It has not been easy for me to live with the not knowing and endless questions of " what if ....?"

I have come to the point where i have realised the insanity of worrying about something that may or may not happen; the insanity of fearful thoughts that prevent me from enjoying this holy instant to the full.

No, it is time to stop waiting for the storm to pass and time to learn to dance in the rain !

It is true that since everything is always changing
can we ever be certain of anything ?

I shall meditate on
" Certainty confines " .

There is freedom in chaos.

We often think of change as change for the worse, but is it so ?
Things can change in an instant.
Things can change for the better, and better that we ever dared imagine.


Finally, I remind myself " THIS IS NOT THE TRUTH "





CERTAINTY
Certainty undermines one's power, and turns happiness
into a long shot. Certainty confines.
Dears, there is nothing in your life that will
not change - especially your ideas of God.
Look what the insanity of righteous knowledge can do:
crusade and maim thousands
in wanting to convert that which
is already gold
into gold.
Certainty can become an illness
that creates hate and
greed.
God once said to Tuka,
"Even I am ever changing -
I am ever beyond
Myself,
what I may have once put my seal upon,
may no longer be
the greatest
Truth."
~ Tukaram ~
(Love Poems From God: Twelve Sacred Voices from the East and West, versions by Daniel Ladinsky)



1 comment:

libramoon said...

vision dream

Yes, cold
sweetly biting snow
invigorating mounting
rising through long still,
awaiting challenge
Climbing toward thrilling
toward feeling
I am the child of adventure