31 July, 2005

Our Paulo and " Mysterious Ways "

Good day , soul sisters, brothers, cousins ......

Today is a good day . I'm feeling happy and enjoying the last day of my holiday of Being and doing exactly what fancy. It's been great. Perhaps this is a good philosophy for the next month too ? and the one after that ?

The sun is somewhere behind the clouds - this I know. A perfect day for meditating , contemplating reading and pottering about. I've just watched " Mysterious Ways " on TV. ( " dead dog walking " was the episode I just watched )
http://www.tv.com/mysterious-ways/show/995/episode_guide.html

Paulo Coelho is impacting my life too through his latest book " The Zahir" which I have nearly finished now .. I was in the Russian Steppes this morning , standing naked in the freezing wind, listening to the dunes sing and awaiting to pronounce my new name as reborn ;-) Oh he's GOOD , our Paulo !!!

You can read the first chapter of " The Zahir " on line here :
http://www.paulocoelho.com.br/ozahir/livro/index.html
While I was there at his site I also found him refer to Sweden and a peculiar form of exercise that exists here , which as a foreigner I too find odd and silly to say the least - though it is supposed to be very good for you .


http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
Poles and rules
In the fall of 2003 I was walking late one night through the center of Stockholm when I saw a woman walking along using ski poles. My first reaction was to think of some injury she must have suffered, but then I noticed she was moving quite fast and with rhythmic movements as if she were on a patch of snow – except that all that was around us was the asphalt of paved streets. The obvious conclusion was: “that woman is crazy, how could she pretend to be skiing in the middle of the city?” Back in the hotel, I mentioned the incident to my editor. He said that I was the crazy one: what I had seen was a sort of exercise called “Nordic walking”. He explained that besides the movement of the legs, the arms, shoulders and back muscles are also used to make it a much more complete exercise. .......
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html

YES -- altogether an interesting Sunday
Lots of love and Light to us all .. may OUR LIGHT shine brightly and reach through the cracks everywhere .

No comments: