07 May, 2005

Keeping your mind on track; set aside time for meditation

Consensus reality has a strong tendency to pull you away from consciousness into mind,
away from joy into the concerns of the everyday,
away from the unity and the peace and the power of your natural essence into the endless stream of detail and the constant rearrangement of detail to make structures with which you can live, within which you can work, and from which you can learn.

This is why it is so important to set aside time for meditation.
Meditation is an important part of mental hygene.


There is a tremendous discipline involved simply in keeping your mind on track.

What have you thought about today?
What of those thoughts have you taken seriously enough to listen to?
Do you listen to your thoughts and do you follow them?

I am beginning to realise the full potential of my daily walk around the lake.
I am not fond of physical exercise , though I know it is good for me.
I don't enjoy it . I think it is boring.
These are thoughts that block me and that sabbotage me,
I would love this daily walk to be a JOYFUL experience.
One way that I can do that is to make it into a " walking meditation"
I have noticed that I am more motivated to walk after periods of intense thinking.
I notice that I actually welcome an " airing of my brain".
It feels good to step outside.
Feeling motivated takes the edge off thinking about this as a boring exercise, and I actually experience pleasure... PLUS .. I am getting exercise and most probably losing weight !


Dreams are the conversation that your consciousness has with you when it finally gets a chance tp be on stage.
Your mind has been going in and on all day in endless conversations about how to do this and why to do that. You become bogged down with details.

During your dream time, all of the things that you shoved aside because you really did not have time to think about , now have a chance to spring up and up they come.

Listen to those things in your dreams that do come up, that you can remember. But more than that, listen to the seemingly trivial thoughts that pass through your mind during your day, in the midst of the hustle and bustle of life.

“Where is joy in this moment?”

Spiritual evolution is not a straight line, it is a spiral.

No comments: