23 June, 2005

Spirit animal messages : Bat , 22 June 2005

Sacred Bat ... flew to me ,
From the darkness of the cave,
Womb-like reflections,
Answers it gave.
Birth, death , rebirth ,
Cycles of the whole....
Never ending , just eclipsed,
The journey of the soul .

From: Medicine Cards. The discovery of power through the ways of animals.


'twas the full m oon last night. I looked in vain from my balcony for this summer solstice " Honey " moon . It was no- where to be see. What I did see , however, was a solitary little bat circling above the rooftops in front of me.

What was the batty message of this little bat ? " REBIRTH " said the book . Bat is the symbol of rebirth . The Bat has for centuries been a treasured medicine of the Aztecs, Toltec, Tolucan and Mayan peoples.

" Bat embraces the shamanistic idea of death. The ritual death of the healer that is steeped in secrets and highly evolved initiation rites. Shamn death is the the symbolic death of the initiate to the old ways of life and personal identity. The initiation that brings the right to heal and the right to be called shaman is necessarily preceeded by ritual death "

Hmmmm Bat's mesage comes as I am birthed into my identity as qualified Psychoynthesis Therapist . I receive my diploma on Monday, 27 June 2005. This marks for me , the end of a 7 year arduous psychosynthesis journey with " self " notions being challenged, buttons being pressed. My jouyrney has brought me many insights where I have had to call upon and develop qualities of endurance, courage, fortitude, faith , humility.. tro name a few.

What has to die to make waty for the new ? What outdated patterns am I having to leave behind now ? Which patterns, what behaviour nolonger suit my new growth pattern ?

The Universe is always asking us to grow and become our future.

"In order to find the treasure, you will have to follow the omens.
God has prepared a path for everyone to follow.
You just have to read the omens that he left for you."
Paulo Coehlo
In " The Alchemist" , a wonderful book by Paulo Coelho , Santiago, an Andalusian shepherd boy, has a dream about finding a treasure in the pyramids of Egypt. A gypsy woman and an old man claiming to be a mysterious king advise him to pursue it.
"To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation,"
the old man tells him.
"And, when you want something,
all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."
And so it is for me too!

No comments: