17 October, 2005

What will people say ?

" What will people say ? "
" I don't want people to think that ........ "

How silly these thoughts are. How unnecessary, since they result in worry .
Why care what people think ?
Why not assume that everyone thinks well of you ?
This is equally possible.

With awareness comes choice.
When these thoughts arise in me , I choose to examine them and question them. What is important to me is that I am TRUE to myself ; that I do not betray my self .

Also , I know from experience that when I truly believe and own a thought, then what others say does not matter one iota ! I simply do not care .

So, I'm thinking , perhaps " what will people say/ think " thoughts probably indicate my own doubts and uncertainties . I think these thoughts when I am seeking approval. All of that is fixed - taken care of when I approve of myself ; when I KNOW that I am being faithful to my self.

No comments: