20 October, 2008

“I need my money to be safe”? is it true ?

Read this excellent article by Byron Katie in this month's newsletter.

I’ve never experienced a work or money problem that wasn't in fact a thinking problem.

Banks fail. Stock markets crash. Currencies deflate. We lie, bend contracts, and break our promises when we are frightened. In this confused, fearful, state of mind, you can make millions of dollars and still remain feraful, insecure and unhappy.

I used to believe that I needed more money to be happy and secure. Even when I had more than I really needed, I was often sick with the fear that something terrible would happen and I would lose what I had. I realize now that no amount of money is worth that kind of stress or can possibly be the cause of any stress. If you live with the uninvestigated thought “I need my money to be safe and secure,” you’re living in a hopeless state of mind, especially in these financially mind-challenging times.





You Need More Money - Is that True?


After I found that no stressful thought was true, I began to notice that I always had the perfect amount of money for me right now, even when I had little or none. Happiness is a clear mind.

A clear and sane mind knows how to live, how to work, what e-mails to send, what phone calls to make, and what to do to create what it wants without fear.

Who would you be without the thought “I need my money to be safe”? You might be a lot easier to be with. You might even begin to notice the laws of generosity, the laws of letting money go out fearlessly and come back fearlessly. I don’t ever need more money than I have, and I invite you to realize the same truth in your life. When you understand this, you begin to realize that you already have all the security you wanted money to give you in the first place. It’s a lot easier to make money from this position.

Those of us who chase after money to find happiness never think we have enough. And in the process we create stress for ourselves and for others around us, as we pass on our unquestioned fears. Sometimes we worry ourselves sick.

Those of us who see money as unspiritual have trouble charging for our services or feel guilty when we do make money. This is the flip side of greed, and it can be just as painful. What illusions we assign to pieces of paper!

Rich or poor, we believe the same stories over and over again. Is it time for you to end your suffering?



No comments: